Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Explore, Dream, Discover


"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." -- Mark Twain

I saw this quote last night, and have never been so inspired from a quote. It sums up everything in my being. Of late I have been discouraged and encouraged by the dogged job hunt. This quote spoke simply to me.
I am thirsting for the world. I want to see, experience, and take it all in.

Lately I have been very 'lost' in a sense but we must remember. . .

"Not all who wander are lost"

2 comments:

  1. What kind of person quotes Mark Twain AND JRR Tolkien in the same post? An AWESOME person that's whom :P

    I'm in the same boat I'm afraid, it's just the worst time to be job hunting. It's also something I tend to remedy, I don't often seize the day and end up instead coasting along, just 'surviving' rather than 'living'. Let's hope 2010 brings better luck for the both of us :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so right about coasting-- I DO NOT want to fall into that habbit. Carpe Diem, right friend?!

    ReplyDelete