Tuesday, January 5, 2010

strawberries and knocking boots


I hate that I'm a big old MUSH.
It's my kryptonite, but I've met my counterpoint.
Is it too soon to say that? (SCREAM YES, and RUN!)
When I've known someone for a year, and had good feelings for him all along.
The first trial run went sour quickly, due to the fact that we were simply not on the same page.
I wanted to run free and be a career woman, he wasn't sure what he wanted, besides me.

Now, I'm not so sure.
CLICK.
It has clicked into place. This yummy, comfortable feeling.
Ugh-vulnerability bubbles deep in my belly when I'm not around him.

Here's some lyrics that remind me of him and me:

"Cause I'm not easy to understand
But you know me like the back of your hand
I'm your girl and you're my man
and we're makin plans" -oh Miranda!

It's nice that I can say to him "Do you want to go to Church?" and we'll go.
Or I'll say "Do you want to sin?" and we'll do it
Or we'll eat ice cream til we can't move.
or listen to rap music til our ears fall off,
then switch it up to Sinatra followed by some Chesney.
Our song when we dated before was by Taylor Swift.
We used to go hiking together, and I can remember him grabbing me
so vividly. I was having an asthma flair up, he grabbed my body
and pressed it into his. It felt like my heart went from exploding
to my whole body being calm.
And no one, not anyone has had that affect on me ever.

We're back together for the past two weeks. . .
and
It's easy.

we love the outdoors and hiking!
He's a firefighter and I find myself getting mushy over that sometimes too.
I think it works because of his intense alpha male persona.
& I tuckle up into his big strong arms..
Sometimes I have such strong anxiety, and I don't have to explain it
I just am there and he swallows my anxiety with a bear hug.

Last night I cut up strawberries.
Into tiny little pieces, I was making strawberry shortcake
and I put one piece in my mouth and he
kissed me and bit the tiny piece of strawberry in half.
It was so simple and sensual.
I was speechless.
He smiled at me and said "That was the best strawberry I've ever had"

No comments:

Post a Comment