Saturday, January 30, 2010

Kind Words


"One kind word can warm three winter months" -Chinese Proverb

This weekend was a fortunate one, I hosted a sleep-over party for my college girlfriends. We ate cake, appetizers, drank wine, painted nails and played with glitter. It was a wonderful time and I realized after I was left with an empty house; just how special and unique each one of these ladies are. I can't help but step back and admire them all and how they have grown since graduation.

They are motivated women at the beginning of their beautiful careers. Wether it be creatively inclined, a writer at the head of new-age technology, a science-lover with a passion for helping people or someone who loves planning each of these girls amaze me that they landed careers that go hand-in-hand with their personalities. "Who you are determines what you do" is a statement that is too true for each of these four ladies.

I couldn't help but to be proud of them. Each of them is like a sister to me, and I can remember late night pizza chow downs or nights where we would squeeze in homework and movies. I felt wobbly and insecure on my unemployed legs, but happy to be in the midst of people who love me for me.

A comment was said by my best friend and it's true what she said. It lit my heart up in a way that I never thought was possible. It's like someone turned a flashlight on in my insides and made me glow. We were all reminiscing over the day I brought my beautiful dog home to my college apartment. How scared my dog was in those beginning days and how I kept saying on the car ride home "I don't know about this, I don't know about this". I felt a connection right away with the dog. My dog is short, stocked with muscle, red haired, trusting but nervous eyes, and a wiggly waggly tail.

My best friend said to me, "Nev you're from that scene in 101 Dalmations where the owners are walking with their dogs and they look exactly like their dogs". For some reason I could probably forget everything that was said or happened in the short time we all had together. But this comment will forever make me smile.

I thank my wonderful friends and my beautiful dog for being the best things that have ever happened to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment